If you only have a few days off this summer and feel like relaxing in the comfort of your own home or are if you are on a budget, a staycation is just what you need. We've made a list of ideas of staycation activities, that you can still brag about to your friends and coworkers come Monday.
1. Rule number one of any vacation is to relax. This holds true even on a staycation. Put the world on "hold," turn off your ringer, set an automatic reply on your email, and don't read the news...just for a few days. You'll be glad you did.
2. Movie in the park--Most cities' park districts or third party organizations have movie showings in the park. Admittance is usually free or for a small fee. Pack a snack and grab a 6 pack for refreshments.
3. Theme Parks--If you're just a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but haven't quite worked up the courage to go cliff diving or bungie jumping, then a theme park is the perfect staycation destination for you. Thrilling rollercoasters, greasy food, and a variety of interactive attractions: What's not to love?
4. Order Delivery--Since you are not going anywhere, have some exotic destination food delivered.
5. Treat Yourself--Hire a massage therapist to make a house call. Invest in high-quality, high price sheets. You'll have an amazing night of sleep like you would in a hotel. The best part is it's permanent.
Sometimes you can't afford to go on vacation and you can't spend any extra money on activities everyday like you would on a "stay"cation. That doesn't mean you don't deserve some relaxing time to yourself: Hence the "broke"cation.
1. Vacation soundtrack--Create a playlist of the ultimate vacation tunes
2. Spend time outside--Just because you're broke doesn't mean you have to sit inside and mope about your friends instagram pictures of their exciting vacations. Get outside and absorb some Vitamin D.
3. Have a personal three day film festival. Pop some popcorn, make a cocktail, invite a friend or better yet, a chick over to enjoy.
Here are a few of our favorite movies available on Netflix this month:
Lethal Weapon (1-4)
The Big Short
There are a plethora of exciting destinations to pick from, but here are 3 of the places we are currently lusting after.
The City of Steel is taking on a new look. It is transforming into a city of art. Previous warehouses and industrial buildings are being turned into galleries and museums. Pittsburgh-born artist Andy Warhol's work is displayed in the seven-story Andy Warhol Museum, which is the country's largest museum dedicated to a single artist. If art is not really your thing, there are plenty of other attractions in Pittsburgh with the city's infamous old-school urban vibes. And if that isn't enough to entice you Pittsburgh has some of the east coast's best breweries and fresh eats.
Costa Rica, despite its small size, is one of the most biologically diverse countries in the world. Discovered by Spanish conquistadors in 1502, it was called "the rich coast" and is known as one of the world's hidden oasis. Costa Rica has dramatic volcanoes, desirable surf spots, an exotic misty cloud forest, Whether you're an adventure adrenaline junkie or are just looking for a beautiful relaxing vacation destination, Costa Rica offers something for everyone.
Until recently, the idea of visiting Cuba on vacation was a bit of a pipe dream. But for the first time since 1963 U.S. airways have now been opened to Cuba. Havana, Cuba's capital and one of the nation's 15 provinces, is filled with beauty and rich history. Havana's culture and history, along with the widespread philosophy that exuberantly celebrates both life and love creates an unparalleled sensation and environment that can only be described as extraordinary.